kid tested, mother approved

Having kids and feeding them nutritious and healthy snacks is sometimes a challenge.  When I bring them to the grocery store with me they always want me to buy the snacks their friends eat, or the gummies with the barbie on the box.  It’s hard and often (very often) I have to explain why we are not buying those snacks.

Our philosophy is that we cannot control every single thing our children eat, but we can make sure that when they are with us they are eating chemical free, hormone free, organic food.  We strive to feed them 80% organic, allowing for play dates, the sitter’s house and other outings to make up the other 20%.  We do provide the sitter with organic juice and snacks and have found that since we have the other parents are starting to bring healthier alternatives as well.

Our two year old has had no issues with any of the food changes we’ve made.  For the most part, he’s been eating organic his entire life.  On the other hand, we have had a little bit of opposition from our 5 year old.  When we switched to organic peanut butter she did notice and complained that it didn’t taste right.  Since then, we’ve incorporated the peanut butter into cookies and other treats and she has accepted it into her diet.  Real maple syrup is still not on her list though. 

Below are some of the snacks and cereals that our family likes and are a part of our regular diet.

Gorilla Munch

Made With:  Organic corn meal, organic evaporated cane juice, sea salt.

Gluten Free, No Trans Fat, Low Sodium

Other Favorite Cereals:  Panda Puffs, Leaping Lemurs, Koala Crisps

      Cheddar Bunnies

     Made With: organic wheat flour and Real Aged Cheddar

     No Trans Fat, Low Saturated Fat, No Cholesterol, No Sugar Added, Contains Non-GMO

     Other Flavors:  Sour Cream and Onion Bunnies, White Cheddar Bunnies, Chocolate Bunnies, Chocolate Chip Bunnies, Cinnamon Bunnies, Honey Bunnies

                                           Also come in organic and gluten free varieties


Organic Berry Patch Fruit Snacks

 Made with:  real fruit juice and packed with 100% Daily Value of Vitamin C

 Certified organic, Free of artificial coloring, 100% DV of Vitamin C, Vegan and gelatin free

  Other Flavors:  Tropical Treat Bunny Fruit Snacks, Sunny Citrus Fruit Snacks, Summer Strawberry Fruit Snacks

   Jammy Sammy – Snack Sized Sandwich Bars

  Made with:  100% Whole Grains – Wheat free, Filled with Organic Fruit Spread

  No Trans Fats, No High Fructose Corn Syrup, No Artificial Ingredients

   Flavors:  PB & Strawberry, PB & Grape, Apple Cinnamon & Oatmeal
   Blueberries & Oatmeal

  Mashups – Squeezable Fruit

   Made with:  100% Organic Fruit Puree, No Sugar Added

   No Trans Fats, No High Fructose Corn Syrup, No Artificial Ingredients

   Flavors:  Grape, Berry, Tropical, Strawberry Banana


Pirates Booty

Made with:  Rice and Corn, blended with real aged white cheddar cheese

Trans Fat Free, Gluten Free, All Natural, Cholesterol Free

Other flavors: Veggie, Barbeque, Sea Salt and Vinegar, Sour Cream and Onion, New York Pizza

Comments are closed.